When packing for a holiday, it can be so easy to forget the essentials you need, especially when you are staying somewhere cold. So, we decided to put together the ultimate packing list for a skiing holiday. If this is useful to you or someone you know, why not print it out and tick things off as you go or share it with a skiing lover!
- Waterproof jacket – Make sure it is breathable too!
- Waterproof, breathable salopettes – There's nothing worse than being cold and wet.
- Waterproof, insulated and breathable ski gloves – For keeping your hands warm when you’re travelling down the slopes at high speeds.
- Helmet – Protection is important!
- Glove liners – For the cold weather.
- Hand warmers – For when the weather is cold, or you have bad circulation.
- Fleece/ merino scarf/ neck warmer – Anything for keeping the cold out of your neck.
- Balaclava – For those extremely cold conditions.
- Three or four pairs of ski socks – You can never have enough ski socks, we do all kinds of colours, designs and sizes. Check them out here: https://sockmine.co.uk/collections/snowsports
- Sunglasses - To protect your eyes from the harsh sun.
- Goggles – Buy before you go as they can be expensive in the resort.
- Two or three thermal tops in merino wool or manmade fabric – Avoid cotton as it soaks up sweat and doesn’t release it, can make you feel cold and wet.
On the Mountain:
- Rucksack – To carry any water, snacks or extra layers you might want to bring up the slope.
- Sun cream and lip balm – Make sure it is high SPF as the sun is strong at a high altitude.
- Water bottle – For the long hours you spend on the slope, stay hydrated!
- Ankle, knee or wrist support – Only if needed.
- Skis or snowboard
- Ski poles
- Ski boots or snowboard boots
- Avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe – If you decide to go off piste.
In the Resort:
- Clothes – Wear what you would typically wear at home, for example, t-shirts, jeans and jumpers.
- Snow boots/ walking boots – Anything that has good grip to stop you from falling over whilst walking in the resort.
- Slippers – This is especially useful if you are staying in a chalet to keep you warm and cosy.
- Swimming costume/ trunks – If you are lucky to have a hot tub or plan to go in a swimming pool at your resort.
- Normal gloves – To keep your hands warm of course!
- Hat – To keep your head and ears warm when you venture out into the cold!
Other Important Stuff:
- Insurance details – You never quite know what can happen whilst you are away, so it’s better to be safe than sorry!
- Passports – You cannot leave the country without it, make sure it isn’t out of date too.
- Deep Heat – The perfect remedy after a long day on the slopes for those aching limbs.
- Passport photos – Double check if you need these for your lift pass at the resort you are going to.
Did this list help you out? Let us know in the comments below or share your thoughts through our social media:
Facebook Group (Sockmine Family) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1950628855173607/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Twitter - @sockmine or #sockmine
Instagram - @sockmine or #sockmine